Monday, January 08, 2007

Quick look at the news...

Not much going on today...

Ricciardi knows what the Jays lack:

"The thing is we don't have a No. 3 (starter) yet," Ricciardi said of his rotation. "We need somebody to replace Ted Lilly's innings (1821/3).

"One of our young guys is going to have to step up."

Obviously, he's been unable to get it because of the price of pitching. Even Vernon Wells as a trade chip couldn't bring in enough return...Well Janssen/Marcum/Towers/McGowan it is...Also mentioned in the article is interest in Tony Armas...really? This guy? At least it's betther than '06 Towers I guess...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still really doubt they're going to go to spring training with that pitching staff, but who really knows. Didn't really have much to add but good post on Towers yesterday Jules. I didn't expect another ERA+ of 120 last year but I thought he would be atleast league average. He was very ver lucky in 2005. It's tough to put up a +120 striking out 5.1/9, BABIP screamed lucky too. I'm trying to block out last year. He was so terrible. It's clitched but maybe he just needs to pitch hungry. He doesn't seem like someone who would lose too much focus after signing for $5 Million but I've never been paid that much, maybe you just get too comfortable? I still going to be optimistic, I think out of the back ends guys 2 can be at the very minimum league average or a bit worse. Like those several articles at HBT showed, you don't need a whole lot out of your 4/5. I'm curious, what's your opinion on Jaime Campbell? I don't mind him I guess. Maybe we were just spoiled but Jays games ain't what they used to be. He's alright, I'm never reaching for the remote to mute or anything. I'd like to still see some improvement, but I could say that about anything/anyone in life. He's okay